Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Steamed Red Cabbage With Onions Best Comfort Foods Ya Hoo

Well hello to all my foodie friends out there in webland.  I hope you all are keeping warm this winter and  eating some of the warm comfort foods of winter.  It feeds your body and your souls.  Not to meantion that it helps us go down memory lane together.  Am sorry I've been busy for the last two weeks catching up with being out of town and am still running behind.  I feel like the mad hatter sometimes to much to do and little time to do it.  Running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  All that kind of stuff so I think am going to try and give you some quick recipes for you all to use.  Tomorrow am filming my last section for our E-Cook Book on Fish,  Yea.  Anywho am going to pass this recipe for Red Cabbage on to you.
\
Steamed Red Cabbage With Onions, Ya Hoo

1 Head Red Cabbage, cut
1 Onion, diced
3 TBSP Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Sugar

Cut up the onion and cabbage and place it in a pan with the butter.  Heat on simmer.  Add salt and pepper and give it a stir.  Add the onion powder and sugar and give that a stir.  Then let it simmer for about 15 minutes and to that add the sour cream.  Simmer another 5 or 10 minutes or until tender.  Serve hot.

Well I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy this with one of your favorite meat dishes.  Please give me a e-mail at madjon51@aol.com and forward a recipe or two for me to try.  Watch my TV show "Cooking With Madjon and Friends at http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95.  Go like my Fan Page on FB. I wish you all happy cooking.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Bona Yall

No comments:

Post a Comment