Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Easy Green Pea Salad With Lettuce, YUM YUM

Hello to all you Foodies out there in web land its me again writing from the great state of South Carolina.  Hope this post finds you and your loved ones having a great New Year.  I've been busy with finishing up another E-Cook Book, filming our third season of Cooking With MadJon and Friends.  I've been busy with our grandchildren coming back home this month.  Am working on a poem which I've titled," I'll Meet You At Heaven's Gate".  "Heaven Is Where I Want You When Your Job Is Done On Earth But I'd Rather Have You With Me Down Here On Earth"  goes something like that any who.  I'll finish that later.  Let's see now I promised to give you another easy recipe to follow and this is a recipe that we used to make in our family.  I've added a couple ingredients like the onion and garlic powders.  Every time we have this at dinner it brings back all the times we ate with our family and friends who are gone and the ones that are still here.  That is what food does it brings back memories of days past with family and friends. It let's us make new memories to hold on too.  We usually ask our family members to bring the best things that we all like to eat.  It makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  Any who I hope this winter salad helps you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Green Pea Salad With Lettuce

3 Hard Boiled Eggs, diced
1 Can Green Peas, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Sweet Pickle Relish
3/4 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup Onion, diced
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Cup Cheese, Shredded, (optional)
1/4 Cup Lettuce, pulled small pieces

Mix the diced eggs, peas, salt and pepper, pickle relish, onion, onion and garlic powders, and cheese.   To that you add the mayo and mix.   Then the last thing you add is the lettuce right before you serve the salad.  You may add more peas and lettuce if you wish.  This should serve between 6-8 servings.

I hope you give this recipe a try and watch my TV show at http://www.aikenstandard.com/ ASTV 95, Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  Come like my fan page on face book, Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  E-mail me at madjon51@aol.com and forward some of the recipes you'd like me to try on TV.  I want to say happy trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment