Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

To The Girls at Plum Pudding TV Show & Blue Cheese Wedge Salad

Well hello to all you foodies out there in webland its MadJon again with a wonderful post to make.  I hope this finds all of you in good spirits.  Today we are goping to talk about Blue Chesse Wedge Salad and Plum Pudding which is one of the best Kitchen Gadget stores located in Aiken and the wonderful state of South Carolina.  If you are not local then you may get them on the web just google them I'd give you the rest of the information but their not paying me for that service.  Shop till your hearts content all you foodies out there.   We did the show in April and the recipes are not up from that show as yet so I have been asked to give this recipe out so this is to the two nice girls that work at Plum Pudding.  I was a little nervous when I did this show because I really wanted them to like me and the reviews I got back from the viewers was that it turned out to be one of the best shows we have done this season.  The viewers like the idea that I showed them more infomation about the store and what they had to offer then they had by just stopping by.  I know a few of them paid them a visit and am happy that we could help them out. I learned a few things as well and enjoyed cooking with Christian.   We had fish tacos and Blue Cheese Wedge Salad.  Which was all very tasty if I do say so myself.   Wedge Salad has been served in steak houses since the early 1900's and there are many different recipes.  This recipe I made up for the show and I hope all you foodies out there give it a try and enjoy it as much as I do and don't be affraid to change it to fit your own taste after all isn't that what cooking for yourself is all about?   This recipe serves 4.

Blue Cheese Wedge Salad

3/4 Cup Mayo or Salad Dressibng
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
1 teas. Onion and Garlic Powder
3 Tbs. Sugar
1 teas. Seasoned Salt
4 Ozs. Blue Cheese

Mix all ingredents and chill.

Salad

1 Head Iceburg Lettace
6 Cooked Slices Bacon
4 Ozs. Blue Cheese
Cherry Tomatoe's
1/2 Medium Red Onion Sliced thin
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix salad dressing.  Cook bacon until crisp. Cut Iceburg lettace into 4 parts, wedged, then place on 4
plates and pour dressing on top, add onions, tomatoe's, bacon, and Blue Cheese, now dig in!  The choice of Blue Cheese is up to you until they pay me to say a name its not going to happen! Such is life! LOL.  All sponsors welcome.

Anywho I hope you all give this a try with a good steak, baked potatoe and a wonderful red wine, bread is OK too.  Write me with your recipes to try and life stories.  I love hearing from you all.  Make me laugh!  My email address is madjon51@aol.com and ewatch the TV show on the web by going to aikenstandard.com ASTV 95, "Cooking with MadJon and Friends".  Happy Trails to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment