Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Texas A&M Hot Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Poppers

Well hello to all you foodies out there in webland its me again and am back from a trip to the great state of Texas.  I do hope you are all enjoying your summer.  I know I'm with trips and fishing in Texas at our cousins fish camp and going to Rockport on the way back to Friendswood to visit our cousins beef ranch,  He had this Hugh garden and among the fruits of his labor were some sweet Jalapeños which he said that Texas A&M cultivated them to be sweet but let me tell you honey they are hot and sweet and there is nothing better then that.  Any who he gave us a whole bag of them so I have made the recipe about four times now.  The first time was at my mother- in- laws house and she asked if I could make them and I said yes so I made up this recipe there.  I hope you will use it and enjoy it as much as she did.  She loves hot and sweet so I made up a sauce to brush on the poppers before you bake them.  Jalapeños are a fruit from Mexico and come in green or red.  The green part has a taste like a bell pepper with a kick , however the seeds are what is hot on the pepper.  They can be pickled, roasted, saute' in oil and served with cheese on top warmed, jellied, added to salsa and the list goes on and on.  I hope that you like this recipe and give it a try!

12 fresh Jalapeño Peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
1 pound Bacon, cut in half
1/4 bunch Cilantro, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 teas. Salt
1/2 teas. each Onion and Garlic Powder
Sauce

1/2 Cup Olive Oil
4 Tabs. Balsamic Vinegar
1 teas. Italian Spices
3 Tabs. Sugar
1/2 teas. Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut Jalapeño in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and place on a cookie sheet with sides.  Mix softened cream cheese, onions, cilantro, salt, onion and garlic powder.  Fill peppers and take cut bacon, add a tooth pick for hold bacon and wrap around the peppers and place onto sheet.  Now mix vinegar and sugar. To that you add the Italian spice, salt and mix then add the oil and brush the tops of the peppers.  Bake about 20 min or until bacon is browned to your desired taste.  You may want to boil these to get the Bacon browned more.

Well that is how you make my jalapeño poppers and everyone that eats them loves them.  I hope that you will make some of these for yur next party.  I hope you have a great summer vacation and watch, "Cooking With Madjon and Friends".  Go to the aikenstandardcom, ASTV95. Try the recipes and let me know what you think.  E-mail me at madjon51@aol.com with your recipes, ideas and stories.  I love hearing from you all.  Happy trail to you and yours until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, MadJon.

No comments:

Post a Comment