Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Dijon Mustard Rosemary Chicken With Vegetables Guilty No More





Hello foodie friends out there in web space hope all is well.  I've been busy trying to stay warm and staying on my diet.  Its hard to do folks but I've lost a few pounds and have a few more to go to reach where my Doctor wants me to be.  I just can't have any fun anymore because as you get older its harder to hide anything.  Am having to reinvent the wheel when it comes to cooking for me because I can't have dairy and I can't have Wheats.  So am making up recipes as I go.  Tonight I made Rice, which should be brown by the way,  Cabbage with an orange and lemon juiced into the mix and it was very nice flavor to eat.  Then I made boneless chicken breast and added Dijon mustard and Rosemary with Garlic, onions, and peppers added to the mix.  Then I had some left over vegetables that I added to the pot as well.  It was a very nice blend of Dijon and Rosemary to the chicken.  I used Olive Oil to brown the Chicken in.

Dijon Mustard and Rosemary Chicken

2 large boneless Chicken Breast cut in thirds
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp. Onion and Garlic powders, sprinkled onto the chicken
3/4 cup Dijon Mustard
1 Onion cut in half and sliced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 Red Pepper, sliced thinly
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
3 TBSP Olive Oil

Take your cut chicken pieces and dust them with the spices.  Heat your oil in a pan and cook until the vegetables are clear in color which includes the onions and garlic.  Now take the vegetables out of the pan and brown your chicken breast.  Then brush the mustard on the chicken and brown the sides again.  Then return the vegetables to the pan and add the chicken broth and simmer until the chicken is tender.

I hope you enjoy this dish and Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Please stay safe and warm and I look forward very much to spring.  Darn that ground hog.  Come stop by my fan page and like it, "Cooking With MadJon & Friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment