Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas & A Happy New YEAR With Baked Brie

Hello to all my foodie friends out there in web land I hope all is going well for you.  I've had a busy month so far and getting ready to take a break for a couple of weeks as I know you all have been busy with the shopping and wondering how am going to pay the charge cards off next month.  Been and am there this year.  Christmas always seems to be a stressful time especially for the host and hostess of the Holiday Meal.  There is something you can do about that and I suggest that you let your friends bring the'r special dish or even make it in your kitchen with you.  Its so much more fun to cook when you have company of friends in your kitchen, don't worry their making a mess you have extra hands there to help with the cleaning.  Also try and pick dishes that are not so time consuming or that can be made a head and all you have to do is pop it in the oven.  That's my advice to you this Christmas and New Year Day.  Here is a easy dish that anyone can make for your guest or give it as a gift that they can bake.  Its my Baked Brie with canned Cranberry Sauce and Almonds.

Baked Brie

Phyllo Pastry Sheets
1/2 can Cranberry Sauce
1 round of Brie Cheese
1/4 cup Almonds sliced
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1/2 stick melted Butter
Honey for glazing top

Open the dough and spread the cranberry sauce over the dough.  Place the Brie cheese on the dough.  Top that with the Brown sugar half the almonds and wrap your cheese with the dough.  Then top some cranberry sauce on top of the roll and then place your sliced almonds on top.  Pour some honey on top.  Pour the melted butter on top of the Brie and bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes-or until golden brown.  ( when I say roll I mean your Brie that's been wrapped

Enjoy this Baked Brie recipe and let me know how you like it.  Come like my fan page on Face Book, Cooking With MadJon & Friends.  Follow me on twitter @madjon51 and here's wishes all your wishes come true.  Happy trails to you until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment