Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Stir Fried Collard's Cooked A New Way Their Not Just For Southerner's Anymore



Hello to all my foodie friends out in Web Land hope all is well.  I've been very busy with a casting call, catering a wedding and an event.  I've also been producing product to sell and selling products.  So I also did a shoot with Club 36 on channel 49 out of North Augusta.  We did a shoot on Pumpkins and now its almost time to get ready for Thanksgiving which I will be going to the D.C. area to visit our son Chris and family.  Boy time flies when your having funnnn.    Any who I've been cooking collard's for a lot of years however did you know that you need to remove the spine of the greens so they are not so bitter?  I do add a little sugar to mine as well.  Now usually I cook the heck out of the greens when I use a meat and onions to boil them until they are soft.  Well when you the stir fried greens you do pre-boil them to get them softer before you stir fry them.  Make sure they are drained really well as you don't want over spray from the oil hitting your hands.You boilt the greens in salted water with Vinegar in it like 1/4 cup.  Any who I hope you enjoy this recipe and it may be used for any greens that you like to eat.  Come follow me on twitter at @madjon51 come like my face book page, Cooking With MadJon & Friends.  Join me on LinkedIn, Eileen Hutson.

Collard greens cleans
1 Onion diced
4 cloves Garlic minced
3 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt Pepper to taste
2 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Rice Vinegar
2 to 3 TBSP Stir Fry Sauce

Boil the greens in salted water with vinegar.   When the greens are cooked drain them really will.  Place your oil in a stir-fry pan and heat then add the onions and garlic, cook until the onions are clear.  Add your greens and other ingredients and cook covered until the green are tender to your liking.  At least 20 minutes.
  Happy Trail to you until we meet again.  Also email me at madjon51@aol.com if you have any questions or have any recipes you'd like me to try.  Bon'a Y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment