Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Cream Cheese and Sugar Free Cheesecake Bring it on.


Well hello again to all you foodies out there in web land, hope all is well.  I don't know about you but I've been busy finishing up my third season as the host of the,"Cooking With MadJon and Friends Show" for ASTV 95.  I hope your day has been going great!  Mine started out with my morning walk and then my friend Chris and I went to check out the Herbs in my garden and ran into a not so friendly Copperhead.  Which we took care of with my hoe.  He was a rather a larger Copperhead and was coming at us out of the garden. Chris grabbed the hoe and took care of the problem rather fast.  Poor snake but I don't want Copperheads in my garden, it isn't safe for them or me!  Any who that is how my day started, now my day is ending with you.  Am sorry its taken some time to get back to the blog but I have busy in this life.  I've had several friends ask for this recipe so am going to be putting it up tonight for all to see and share.  You know that Cream cheese is American made and was invented around 1880.  Now we have alot of uses for Cream Cheese in our cooking and its not just for desserts anymore.  I put it in my pastry's, desserts, and spreads.  I've used it in my sauces as well.  Here in America we use Cream Cheese for one of the best desserts around Cheese Cake.  In France they use Neufchatel Cheese with Gelatin to make their Cheese Cakes, which makes them Light and Airy. In Italy they use Ricotta Cheese for their Cheese Cakes. The Greeks use a combination of Cheese's like Muzthra, Feta and Farmers cheese's. I think as far as the texture goes I prefer our good old NY Cheese Cake style.  Any who whatever cheese you like to use is the cheese that you should use.  Any Who I hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a whirl.

Sugar Free Cheese Cake

Crust
No Sugar Pecan Shortbread Cookies, I used Murrells, 1 package
Melted Butter, 2 TBSP.

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and melt the butter and add it to the crushed Pecan Shortbread's.  Press it into your cheesecake pan and bake for about 10 Min's. in pre-heated oven.  Cool.

Filling
3  8 oz. 1/3 less fat Packages softened Cream Cheese
1 1/3 to 1 1/2 Cups Sugar Free Sweetener
4 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 TBSP Lemon Juice

Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, sweetener, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.  Pour mixture into the pan and cook in a pre-heated oven on 325 degrees for about 1 hour or until done.  Cook in a hot bath which means cover the bottom of the pan with foil and place the cake in a pan with about 1/2" water in the bottom of it.  I use a rimmed cookie sheet. Cool Cheese Cake for about 12 hours before serving.

Topping

1 package fresh Strawberries
1 small package Strawberry Sugar Free Jell-o
1/2 Cup Sugar Free Sweetener
3 TBSP Corn Starch
1 1/4 cups Hot Water

Place the jell-o, water, cornstarch, and sweetener into a pan on the stove and cook it till it is clear in color not cloudy.  Set aside and cool. If your sauce is not thick enough for you just heat it again and add another tablespoon of corn starch to the mix.  Slice your strawberries and mix it with the cooled topping . Serve on top of Cheese cake when it has cooled for at least 12 hours.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the recipe and if you have any questions my email address is madjon51@aol.com.  Please visit my fan page and like it at https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithMadjon.  I also have a new Holiday Cook book out on itunes called MadJon Holiday for your ipads and it would alos make a great gift.  Happy trails to you and yours until we meet again, MadJon.  Eileen Hutson.


                     
                                            

2 comments:

  1. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
    Amber Lyn Chocolates Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Andi, thanks so much for commenting on my post and liking them. I will keep sharing as long as their are people reading and listening. Sorry it has taken me so long to keep in touch but I get so few replies that I don't look this far back. Thx so much MadJon.

    ReplyDelete