Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

The Help Servin Up Some Mississippi Chocolate Pecan Pie

Well hello again to all my foodies friends out there in webland and I hope all is well with you and yours.  Today I'd like to give you a recipe that I used to serve at my cafe and the customers loved.  Yesterday my family and I went to watch the new movie called "The Help" and I have to tell you I loved it.  I laughed and I cried.  Its hard to believe that people can be so bad and I grew up in the 50's and 60's.  Anywho the scene with the pie is unforgetable.  So I decided that I'd write about my chocolate pecan pie that everyone loved from the cafe but if you don't mind I will leave out that one ingredent.  Did you know that the pecan pie was born in New Orleans by the French which happened to have learned about pecans from our Native American friends.  There is nothing better then a pecan to eat you can bake with it, roast it, and eat it raw.  Anywho I hope you give this a try and remember to go to the movies.

Mississippi Chocolate Pecan Pie

1 unbaked 9 " Pie shell
3 Eggs
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
2 T. melted Butter
3/4 Cups Chocolate Baking Chps
1/8 teas. Salt
2 teas. Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Pecan Halves

Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.  Cook pie for about 1 1/2 hours to 1 hour and 45 minutes until desired doneness. Mix all ingredents together and then add the pecans and mix until the pecans are coated.  Pour into unbaked pie shell.

Pie Shell

1 1/2 Cups Shifted Flour
1/2 teas. Salt
3 T. Cold Water
2/3 Cups Shortening

Mix salt with flour, cut in the shortening with a pastry blender, add water alittle at a time and stir into a ball and press into the pie pan with your fingers or roll dough out on a lightly floured surface. Run a fork on the bottom of the rolled pastry to help let the air out.

I hope you give this a try and I have you had a great week.  Visit my fan page on facebook by just typing in "Cooking With Madjon and Friends"  Come like my page.  You may also watch my cooking show by going to the aikenstandard.com, ASTV 95, "Cooking With Madjon and Friends.  Email me and let me know how this recipe is and Happy trails to you until we meet again.  Eileen Hutson, Madjon.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Eileen,

    I baked my very first pecan pie and chocolate pecan pie for the family during the Thanksgiving holiday.

    You have inspired me to bake yet another chocolate pecan pie, Mississippi style!

    Thank you so much for your help in my kitchen.

    Many Blessings,

    Stacie Walker
    http://www.womaninleadership.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your so welcome and I hope the pie is the best! Happy New Year Stacie.

    ReplyDelete